Horse Purchase Consulting
It's very tough to find the right horse to buy! And it's always very tempting to let your heart rule your head.
Sure, there are plenty of horses for sale, but very few with the right mix of qualities - temperament, health, breeding, education, manners, age, experience, price, the list goes on... You need to make sure your four-footed friend doesn't become an expensive nightmare, let alone a threat to your or your kids' safety.
If you're looking for a horse or pony to buy, we can assist you in a number of ways:
- help you draw up a list of 'must haves' and 'deal-breakers' specifically for your individual requirements and level of horse knowledge and competence;
- provide a list of searching questions for you to ask the current owner and rider as a first stage of evaluation;
- discuss the horse for sale with the owner (we're good at getting them to admit problems or concerns!);
- scrutinise and test ride the horse;
- arrange pre-purchase vet checks;
- negotiate purchase price on your behalf;
- provide transport to bring the horse to where you will accommodate him.
You won't get a cast-iron guarantee when buying a horse. However, with our rigorous evaluation process you can exercise some control over the risk of buying an unsuitable mount.
If you're in the market for a horse or pony and you'd like to take advantage of our experience, contact Toni to set a convenient time for a discussion.
Audrey & Ritchie
Hayley & Bear
Lindy & Denzel
Sue & Joe